Go Back To
Precise signal performance — behind or beyond the walls
For increased coverage and capacity, CommScope offers a number of radio-over-fiber (RoF) distributed antenna systems (DAS) that meet operators' distribution needs — from the simplest to the most complex applications. These cost-effective, integrated, end-to-end solutions deliver outstanding reliability and quality of service (QoS) as well as enhanced energy efficiency.
Available as low-power, high-power or unified optical DAS, our units feature distributed intelligence that allows system components to integrate and interoperate like never before. Our master unit controllers can be managed from an intuitive, Web-based interface, which supports total equipment administration and configuration.
Whether you require a solution for the world's tallest skyscraper, the globe's biggest sporting event or just a university campus, CommScope designs and manufactures leading-edge technology that delivers exceptional performance, even under the most rigorous environmental conditions.
Outdoor High Power DAS
For high-power outdoor distributed antenna systems (DAS), CommScope offers robust, multi-band systems that are technology independent and support multiple operators simultaneously. Highly adaptable, our Andrew® DAS supports all current system architectures and power ranges, including long-term evolution (LTE). Plus, it's ready for future evolution to advanced modulation schemes like high-speed packet access (HSPA+) and evolution-data optimized (EV-DO).
Each system features built-in calibration, supervision and troubleshooting functionality to ensure high-performance DAS operation and enable remote commissioning. In addition, the control architecture is based on the “distributed intelligence” concept meant to maintain service availability even in the event of single control failure.
- Designed to relieve extreme network capacity loads and offer precise omnidirectional coverage
- Engineered for indoor and outdoor applications
- Covers multiple frequency bands (70 MHz up to 2.7 GHz) and sectors up to a radius of 12 miles (20 km)
- Can manage six frequency bands simultaneously over a single fiber
- Ideal for large structures like shopping centers and high-rise buildings
- Remote units available in single- or multi-band, and micro or macro RF power classes
Indoor Low Power DAS
For complex indoor structures where sectorization can improve capacity, CommScope offers radio-over-fiber (RoF) distributed antenna systems (DAS), which can handle all your distribution needs. Our Andrew® optical distribution system is available with different frequency combinations and provides power levels up to 2 Watts, sending signals loss-free at distances ranging from 300 feet (100 m) to 12 miles (20 km).
This state-of-the-art solution is easy to deploy and features an automatic gain control (AGC), which makes field adjustments unnecessary and reduces design, installation, and optimization time. The unit also includes a comprehensive Web-based management system that can be accessed locally or via remote connection.
- Available from dual-band to 7-band versions
- Designed to transport frequencies from 400 to 500 MHz and 700 to 2700 MHz, regardless of protocol or modulation
- Visual alarms (LED) and summary alarm relays
- GUI-based local management via local maintenance terminal (LMT) software
- An auxiliary channel supports flexible system expandability
- Distributed Coverage and Capacity Solutions
- In-Building Wireless Solutions
- i-POI Intelligent Point of Interface
- Passive Devices and In-Building Antennas
- ValuDAS Passive Devices
- Impact of Poor Wireless Coverage on a College Campus
- Active Antennas: The Next Step in Radio and Antenna Evolution White Paper
- The right high-speed wireless DAS solution for Rome's bright future
- Commscope helps Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport delivery outstanding coverage and capacity solution with ION-B
- Microsoft Finds its Perfect Technology Center partner in CommScope